Who we help
We focus our services at those most at risk and least able to help themselves. The high risk groups that make up our target population include:
- Older adults (people aged 60+)
- People living with chronic illnesses
- People living with disabilities
- Families with children under 5 years old
In addition to these risk factors, EnergyCare’s clients also face a wide range severe economic challenges. The average client lives on just 66% of the Federal Poverty Line – for a person living alone that is less that $150 per week for everything they need to live.
- 55% rely on food banks
- 37% can’t afford to fill their prescriptions
- 61% are struggling with their housing costs
Beyond their immediate economic concerns, the people EnergyCare serves face a wide range of health and social issues that make them particularly vulnerable.
- 84% are chronically ill and/or disabled
- 28% have previously been homeless
- 5% are veterans
- 52% are mobility impaired
- 18% are home-bound