EnergyCare has a 30 year history of providing practical services that enable at-risk people to stay safely warm/cool in their own homes.
Some people are more vulnerable than others, so EnergyCare focuses our services on those most at risk: people who are elderly, chronically ill, disabled, or under 5 years old. Our dedicated team visits people in need in their own homes to make sure that help is accessible to those who need it most.
In the winter EnergyCare…
- Provides electric blankets, blankets and electric heaters to families without heat in their homes
- Weatherizes homes to block out drafts and lock in warm air – reducing energy use and keeping the home warmer
- Arranges emergency furnace repairs for senior home owners
In the summer EnergyCare…
- Provides new or lightly used one room (~5,000 BTU) air conditioners to vulnerable people who don’t have any cooling in their homes
- Services people’s existing window air conditioning units
All year round EnergyCare…
- Carries out home repairs that improve the insulation of vulnerable clients’ homes
- Provides emergency utility assistance payments that keep the heat/cooling on
- Offers information, advice and referrals to people calling our telephone helpline
Click here to find out more about the impact these services achieve for people right here in our community.